Ashley Hotel is located right on the sea-front with the most wonderful views across Morecambe Bay. We have eleven guest rooms. The hotel is over one hundred years old and whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests there are some features which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. Our guest bedrooms are at different levels, and there are therefore steps into the hotel and between rooms. Rooms are fairly generously sized, however, as there are steps into the hotel and we have no ground floor guest rooms, it is not suitable for wheelchair users. We do not have a lift.
- We are located at the east end of Morecambe promenade. With plenty of unrestricted parking available, being on a main bus route, and approximately 0.5 miles of the railway station, we are easy to find - however you choose to travel.
- The nearest shops in Morecambe are approximately 5 minutes walk away, however there is a small Spar shop just 2 minutes walk away on Thornton Road.
- The nearest bus stop is approximately 200 yards away. During the daytime buses run regularly, at 10/15 minute intervals.
- The nearest railway station is Morecambe which is approximately 0.5 miles away. Taxis are usually available at the station but we can book one for you in advance if required.
- There are several local taxi companies; we can make bookings in advance for you.
- We do not allow pets in the hotel.
- Our website www.ashleyhotel.co.uk provides pictures of our accommodation and further information about the services we provide.
- You can contact us by telephone, e-mail or fax. Please see the “Contact Information” section of this document for full details.
- We are happy to cater for special diets or any particular likes or dislikes. Please advise us of these before your arrival.
Arrival and Car Parking
- Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time.
- Parking is available free and unrestricted at the front of the hotel, where the ground is level. We also have 4 car parking spaces to the rear of the hotel. If these areas are busy then there is a Council car park to the rear of the hotel which costs £1.00 for 24 hours.
- On arrival guests are required to complete our registration form and our facilities explained.
- We offer assistance with luggage.
- There is 1 small step between the pavement and the path up to the hotel.
- There are then 3 steps and a small lip to the door frame up to the front door. There is a handrail on both sides of the steps up to the front door.
- The front door is normally open - please ring either the bell on the outside right-hand side of the hotel or the bell to the right of the inner door on your arrival.
Guest Accommodation – Public Areas
- The hallway leads to the dining room and lounge.
- The hallway, landings and stairways are centrally heated.
- Our 11 guest bedrooms are laid out over the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors.
- We have a fully automated fire alarm system throughout the hotel and are completely non-smoking.
- A bell is provided in the entrance hallway, next to the dining room door, to call for assistance.
- Bedrooms are en-suite but we have no public wc available.
Lounge and Dining Room
- Breakfast is served in the dining room on the ground floor and is accessed from the reception hall. We serve breakfast between 7.15am and 9.30am and breakfast-to-go is also available. There are 8 tables, chairs are without arms.
- The lounge and dining room are centrally heated.
- Our 11 guest bedrooms are spread over 3 floors and are carpeted throughout. Vinyl has been laid in the en-suites of all rooms. Each bedroom has an individual electric heater so you can choose how warm or cool you have your room.
- There are 14 steps up to the first floor and Rooms 2 and 3, which are situated through a fire door.
- There are a further 3 steps up to Room 4 and the Guest Lounge.
- There are a further 13 steps up to a turn in the landing and 3 more steps taking you up to the second floor. The Millennium Suite is on this level. Through the fire door on the left you will find Room 5, then there are 5 steps down to Room 6 and Room 7.
- There are a further 13 steps up to the third floor where rooms 10, 11 and 12 are located – Rooms 11 and 12 are through a further fire door.
- There are en suite facilities in all rooms consisting of a shower, WC and wash basin. Room 4, the Millennium Suite and Room 11 also have a bath. There are grab rails in the bathrooms of Room 4 and the Millennium Suite.
- Colour TVs with remote control and a ‘hospitality tray’ with tea and coffee facilities and biscuits, are provided.
- We also provide a hair dryer, plastic water beakers and guest soap, shampoo and shower gel.
- Our beds are made with synthetic duvets and pillows.
- An extra blanket and pillow are available in each bedroom.
- There is a wardrobe and chest of drawers in each room, together with a chair and bedside cabinet.
- There is a folder in each bedroom which contains further information about the hotel and details of local amenities.
- Bedroom 1 is on the first floor and has a 5ft king bed, accessed from both sides. It has an en-suite bathroom with bath and shower head attachment.
- Bedroom 2 is on the first floor and has a 4ft 6inch double bed, accessed from one side only. It has an en-suite shower room.
- Bedroom 3 is on the first floor and has a 4ft 6inch double bed and can be accessed from both sides. It has an en-suite shower room.
- Bedroom 4 is also on the first floor. After reaching the top of the first flight of stairs, there is a turn in the staircase and a further 3 steps to this bedroom. Room 4 has a 5ft king bed. The bed can be accessed from both sides. This room has a bathroom with bath and shower overhead and grab rail, and lever taps.
- Bedroom 5 is on the second floor. This bedroom has a 5ft king bed and can be accessed from both sides. It has an en-suite shower room.
- Bedroom 6 is on the second floor and has a 3ft single bed, accessed from one side only. It has an en-suite shower room.
- Bedroom 7 is on the second floor and has a 4ft 6inch double bed and can be accessed from both sides. It has an en-suite shower room.
- Bedroom 8 is on the second floor and has a 5ft king bed and can be accessed from both sides. It has a bathroom with a walk-in shower and grab rail.
- Bedroom 10 is on the third floor and has a 5ft king bed which can be accessed from both sides. It has an en-suite shower room.
- Bedroom 11 is on the third floor and has a 5ft king bed which can be accessed from both sides. It has an en-suite bathroom with bath and shower head attachment.
- Bedroom 12 is on the third floor and has a 4ft 6inch double bed which can be accessed from both sides. It has an en-suite shower room.
- We have a patio garden at the front of the hotel with planted tubs and a wooden bench.
- Guests are very welcome to enjoy our garden at all times.
- Access to the garden is via the front door of the hotel and 3 steps down.
- There is a fire extinguisher in the entrance hall and another on each of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor landing areas.
- In the event of a fire the fire alarm system will activate and an alarm will be heard. Please advise us if you have a hearing impairment and might not hear this.
- The building can be evacuated via the front door at the bottom of the guest stairs. Please congregate across the road on the promenade area opposite the hotel until you are advised it is safe to re-enter the hotel.
- We do not permit smoking anywhere in the hotel but you may smoke in our patio garden area. There is a cigarette bin for cigarette ends.
- We are happy to cater for special diets. Please advise us of these before your arrival.
- We are happy to refrigerate any medication.
- Mobile phone reception within the hotel seems to be good.
- WiFi internet connection available free to guests.
- Address: Ashley Hotel, 371 Marine Road East, Morecambe, Lancs, LA4 5AH.
- Telephone: 01524 412034
- Fax: 01524 888983
- Mobile Phone: 07967 673 943
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.ashleyhotel.co.uk
- We are open all year but close occasionally for refurbishment.
If you require further details or have any comments about the services we provide do not hesitate to contact us.